RSC: New titles and Open Access options
February 12, 2013
The following journals of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) have been licensed:
- Analytical Methods
- Catalysis Science & Technology
- Chemical Science
- Food & Function
- Integrative Biology
- Polymer Chemistry
- RSC Advances
In consequence of the licensing the MPG receives Open-Acces-Tokens whereby articles can be made available in Open Access in all RSC journals. For further information please see the text below:
Would you like to publish an article with RSC in open access at no additional cost?
In 2013 the Max Planck Society has a subscription license to all RSC journals. With this license, we are receiving several tokens, which will allow articles by MPG-authors to be published in open access on the RSC website without paying the normal Article Publication Fee (APF). This is a new open access 'experiment' by the RSC called "Gold for Gold" (for more information, please see http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/librarians/GoldforGoldFAQs.asp).
If you would like your next RSC article to be published in open access (at no additional cost!), here is how it works:
- the article must already have been accepted for publication
- the article must be new (it doesn't work if the article is already published)
- you must be one of the authors listed in the article (with your MPI named as your institution)
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting an RSC OA voucher code (please include your name, article title, journal title, manuscript number, acceptance date)
- Fill out and submit a web form (http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/Journals/OpenScience/Gold4Gold.asp) with the voucher code you have received.
- Submit an RSC Open Access License (http://www.rsc.org/AboutUs/Copyright/OALtoP.asp)
Voucher codes will be distributed on a "first-come, first served" basis and expire at the end of this year.
Please let us know if you have any questions or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.