Online Workshops der IVS-BM im November/Dezember
25. Oktober 2012
Our interactive online workshops will help you to select and apply the most appropriate scientific information resources for your research. Many licensed or publicly available databases and tools relevant to all areas of science will be presented and discussed in detail. Make sure that you are familiar with the broad range of unique information resources and services available to you in the MPG!
Topics offered in November/December 2012 include:
- “Scientific Information Resources of the MPG” (also available in German)
(Take advantage of searching capabilities beyond Google and PubMed)
- “NCBI Crash Courses” (5 Workshops in one week!)
(Topics: gene-centered resources, sequence searching, nucleotide/protein BLAST, and MapViewer)
- “SciFinder Workshop Week” (5 Workshops in one week!)
(How to search chemistry texts, structures & reactions, biosequences, polymers and new materials)
- “Reference Management Systems – Introduction and Overview” (also available in German)
- “Reference Management with Endnote” (also available in German)
- “ExPasy” – the SIB Bioinformatics Resources Portal
- “Working with Multiple Alignments”
- “A short trip through the world of RNAs”
- “Mouse Bioinformatics Resources”
- “Cn3d” - the NCBI 3D-Viewer
- “Searching for Patents in Open Sources”
Attendance is free of charge, but online registration is required. Workshops usually last 90 minutes and are held in English unless stated otherwise.
The current workshop schedule, content details and online registration forms are available here.
For printing posters and flyers, you may use the pdf version of the current schedule available here.
If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IVS-BM team and our external instructors look forward to your attendance!