Rules for the cafeteria
The crisis unit decided to enact the following rules until further notice:
last update: July 28, 2020
- Only individuals with a "Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart" identification card and visitors with a business purpose are allowed to eat in the canteen. External visitors without a business purpose for being on campus may not enter the canteen area.
- The canteen will be open for lunch only.
- You must wash your hands using the methods recommended by the health authorities before going to the canteen.
- You must wear simple mouth and nose protection (an everyday mask) in order to enter the canteen. If you forget your reusable mask, you can get a disposable mask at the H1 and H3 reception desks.
- At all locations in and around the canteen, you must stay at least 1.5 meters away from people who do not belong to your household. Maintain this distance no matter what you are doing – even when you are washing your hands or waiting in a line.
- Check the balance on your card before you enter the canteen, and add money to ensure you have sufficient funds when you get to the cashier.
- Access to and from the canteen will be organized with a one-way flow of people. You can enter the cafeteria only by the stairs located across from the supply store: separate lines are formed for vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. The floor is marked to show you the direction to move and the inter-person distance to keep. You may cautiously pass another person on the stairs when needed. You can exit the canteen only via the exit staircase that is intertwined with the entrance staircase, or via the terrace to the outdoor area.
- A maximum of six customers may be in the canteen’s sales area simultaneously. Up to one person may be on the entrance stairway, up to four people at the food counters and in the main part of the room, and no more than one person paying at the cashier.
- Clear plastic panels have been installed to better separate customers from staff working behind the food counters and at the cash register. You may approach a cafeteria worker at a distance less than 1.5 meters only when a clear plastic panel is present between you.
- The canteen will offer one vegetarian and one non-vegetarian lunch option. Cold beverages and other packaged items may be taken as usual.
- The silverware is prepackaged in a bundle with a napkin. Food is served on standard plates and trays. People who want to eat alone in their office with the door closed may instead request disposable packaging.
- Pay for your purchases with the money loaded on your ID card. To minimize contact with staff, cash payment is not preferred.
- Only one person may sit at each small table, and only two people may sit at each large round table. The same table occupancy rules apply both indoors and outdoors. To maintain the required distance between people, the canteen chairs have been placed at appropriate locations and must not be moved to other tables.
- Obviously, you may remove your everyday mask while eating and drinking. Please put it back on as soon as you are done with your meal.
- You are responsible for returning your dishes in the usual way. Employees who eat on the terrace are allowed to come back into the canteen to return their dishes, providing they wear a mask and stay at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- You should wash your hands properly soon after leaving the canteen area.
- The handrails of the cafeteria staircases will be disinfected regularly by the cleaning staff. The tables inside the canteen will be cleaned once per day.